Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Wow, it's been a busy couple of weeks, capped off by a wonderful first Mother's Day!  Scott, Jackson and I celebrated Mother's Day with a yummy brunch with the Carter clan and a trip to the Como Zoo.  It was a beautiful day and we had alot of fun! 

There is a gorilla in there although the picture didn't turn out so great.


Happy Jackson!


Mom, I'm not so sure about that Zebra.  I think he's giving me the eye.


Jackson seemed to have fun at the zoo but I'm not sure he was very impressed with anything.  He mostly acted like he's seen it all before.  Ha!  Oh well.  We're planning a trip to the Minnesota Zoo sometime this summer.  Maybe he'll like that a little better. 

When we got home we set up Jackson's new walker.  He is really a boy on the move now!  He loves it and I think it's really only a matter of time before he is walking.  (The bib is for the drool, which is really just constantly pouring out of his mouth these days.  There is some serious teething going on.)


Jackson took to the walker instantly.  It's one of those that can convert into a little scooter for when he's a little older.



My first Mother's Day was truly wonderful.  I never realized how amazing it would be to be a mother.  I never knew you could love so much, hurt so much and feel so much joy that it overwhelms every ounce of your being.  On Friday, Jackson's daycare had a "Muffins with Mom" deal where you could have muffins with your little one before leaving for work.  It was a great event and all the kids had gifts for their moms.  I had been excited about it all week.  Jackson and I sat at a little table eating our muffins.  I was sitting on one of those little chairs built for a 5 year-old, where your knees come up to your chest and the table was about at mid-calf level but I loved every minute of it.  Yes, we could have sat at a larger table but I wanted to sit somewhere that would suit Jackson.  We had a great time eating our muffins.  I couldn't believe how quickly he devoured his!  After about 20 minutes of hanging out with Jackson and the other kids in the infant room, I thought it was time to head to work.  As I left, Jackson was waving good-bye with a big smile on his face.  It was adorable!  His teacher said "Happy Mother's Day" as I walked out and the emotions just came boiling up.  By the time I got to my car, I was in tears.  It was like his first day at daycare all over again.  I just wanted to turn around, scoop him up and spend the whole day hanging out with my little man.

So, as my first Mother's Day has come and gone I want to say this: Thank you to my mom for showing me how a mother lives and how a mother loves because through your actions, you have shown me how to be a mother.  I only hope that I can give Jackson what you have given me -- an unconditional love and support that I feel everyday.  I also want to thank my wonderful husband who has seen me through many tears and fears over the last 10 months (and the previous nine months).  Finally, thank you to my beautiful baby boy.  One smile, one hug from you fills my heart with so much joy.  I will do my best to give you everything you deserve!  Thank you for blessing our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment