Monday, December 14, 2009

It's been busy around here

Another weekend, another ear infection.  Yes, Jackson made yet another trip to the pediatrician's this weekend with a high fever only to find out that he has another ear infection.  This makes two ear infections in the last month and a half.  I'm fearing we are headed towards tubes in his ears unfortunately.  He had a bad night on Friday night and woke up Saturday morning with a fever of almost 102.  After a call to the doctor's office, we got everyone bundled up and away we went to get him checked out.  He hated every minute of the exam and was equally unimpressed with more medicine.  Poor little guy!  It will be nice when he is older and can understand that medicine actually helps him.  Anyway, he basically spent all day on Saturday sleeping on my chest.  I felt so badly for him and although I really hadn't eaten all day, I didn't want to move the little munchkin.

The previous weekend was a little more fun for both Jackson and us.  There were all sorts of new things, some good, some he didn't like so much. First, Scott and Jackson had to get their Vikings gear on in the hopes that the Vikings could beat the Cardinals.  Unfortunately the Vikes lost but don't the boys look great?  GO VIKINGS!




Later that afternoon we decorated the Christmas tree and put up the Christmas decorations.





This picture is just precious!  I love my boys!







The finished product...



Our stockings....all hung by the chimney with care.



While Jackson wasn't thrilled to be in his exer-saucer while we were putting up the tree, he was fascinated by it when he got to see it up close.  He loved feeling the branches!  Jackson has really developed a texture thing.  He wants to touch, feel, grab EVERYTHING!  It's not that uncommon for us to wake up in the morning to Jackson scratching at his sheet.  Weird but somehow adorable at the same time.

Finally, Sunday night Jackson got his first taste of rice cereal.  Needless to say, things didn't go quite as well as I had hoped.  He hated the entire thing.  The good news is that I learned that daycare is going to help us in this endeavor.  They will work with Jackson each day and we can try cereal at night.  Hopefully he get used to the texture and spoon thing soon.  In the meantime, these pictures make me laugh!

The first taste....



Mom, what the heck is this gross stuff you're giving me?







Dad, please help me!





Well, we tried again Thursday night and it didn't really go any better.  We'll try again tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that.  Hopefully one of these days he'll decide he likes it! 

Here are some super cute pictures taken right before Thanksgiving of Jackson hanging out in his exer-saucer just because I couldn't resist sharing these with the world.





And here are pictures of Jackson's first Thanksgiving in Iowa.  I was really concerned about how it would go.  He'd never really been around that many people before and I knew everyone would want to hold him.  Boy, was I surprised when people started showing up and he went from pretty sleepy to the happiest little boy in the world.  He loved every minute of it and by the end of the night, try as he might, he couldn't keep his eyes open.  I guess he's going to be quite the little social butterfly when he grows up.  I really wish I had taken pictures of Jackson with everyone but I was too busy just enjoying the day.  Here are a few from our trip though. 

The obligatory family pose in front of the fireplace...



I don't really let Jackson watch TV in our house with the exception of the occasional football game.  While we were in Iowa I let him watch a little more than normal.  Here he is the morning after Thanksgiving watching Curious George for the first time.  He absolutely loved it!





And finally, here is a somewhat unhappy Jackson modeling an adorable sweater given to him by Grandma.



Well, Christmas is quickly approaching and I still have quite a bit of shopping to do.  Winter has also set in here in Minnesota so it's getting a little harder to get around, especially toting an infant.  We're having fun though and I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to our first Christmas as a family of three.  I get a little teary just thinking about it!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new pictures. The tree looks great.
    Can't wait until Christmas. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete