Friday, January 29, 2010

Pity Party...Table for one, please....

Things that I wish I could do with/for Jackson if there were about, oh, 10 more hours in a day:

1. Make his babyfood -- I would really love to make Jackson's baby food.  I know that may seem crazy to some who wonder why anyone would spend the time doing that when you can buy jar baby food at the store.  I just think there is something wonderful about actually gathering all of the fruits and vegetables, pureeing (is that how you spell that word?) everything and knowing exactly what is going into everything your child is eating. 

2. Take an ECFE class -- I've heard such wonderful things about ECFE classes and I would love to take one with Jackson.  Unfortunately many of the classses are offered during the day for stay-at-home moms.  Last time I checked, there was one evening class that ended at 7:30.  Well, by 7:30 Jackson is usually sleeping.  His bed time is like clockwork.  By 6:30pm he starts to get really cranky and by 7:00 he has had a bottle and is in bed.  I don't want to enroll in a class that he is just going to cry through.  It doesn't appear that they have any classes on the weekends either so that isn't an option.

3. Enroll him in swimming lessons -- I know, it sounds ridiculous for a seven month old to take swimming lessons but I've heard it's really good for them and I think it would be fun.

4. Join a Mom's Club -- Why aren't there mom's groups for working moms?  That seems like something that would be a great idea.  Stay at home moms have all sorts of opportunities to meet other mothers but working moms don't have those same opportunities, or at least I have yet to discover them. 

I know these are just silly little things but they are things that I feel like I'm missing out on by not being able to stay home with Jackson.  He's up at 5am and we get a little playtime in the morning but by 7:30 we are off to daycare and I can't pick him up before 5pm.  That gives us about 1 1/2 hours with him before he starts getting really cranky and wanting to go to bed.  Wow, that's really depressing.  During the week, we get to spend about 4 hours a day with him.  I know he's doing great at daycare and I can tell that his development is progressing right on track if not a little ahead of schedule.  I know that I would have days when I would miss having a job but there are also days like today where dropping him off at daycare so I could go work just about killed me.  As he sat at the table and I gave him one last good bye kiss (ok, maybe two or three) he looked up at me, smiled and reached his arms out to me as if to say, "play with me, mommy."  All I wanted to do was stay and play with him.  At least it's Friday and I am going to have the entire weekend to hang out with my boys.

Ok, pity party over.  Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment