Friday, September 3, 2010

A Day At The Fair

We all ventured out to the Great Minnesota Get Together, otherwise known as the Minnesota State Fair on Wednesday.  What a great time!  We did all of the usual things -- visited all of the animal barns, including the llamas (my favorite!), walked, ate some cookies, stopped by the Twins booth, walked some more, ate some fried food, walked some more, etc.  I think you get the picture.  We tried a new food this year, one that I don't think I'll do again but it's worth mentioning just because it's weird.  One of my co-workers suggested it to me -- deep fried oreos cookies.  Not so great it turns out.  Love oreos but I think they need to stay out of the fryer. 

Anyway, Jackson has a good time but wasn't a fan of staying in the stroller.  We let him out a couple of times, first so that I could hold him in the animal barns.  It was hard to see from the stroller and I wanted him to feel like he was participating.  Well, we probably should have left him in there because all hell broke loose when we tried to put him back.  Not a pretty sight but we all survived. 

Here are some pictures from our day at the fair....

First stop, checking out the sheep.  I'm guessing that they had these covers on them to protect the wool from all the hands wanting to touch them before they get clipped.




Off to see the llamas!  Love them! 


Finally, the pigs -- cute but smelly.


In the cow barn they had little piglets that had just been born a few days earlier.  They were absolutely adorable!  Here we are checking them out.


Jackson pointing -- his new favorite past time.


Of course I didn't get a picture of it but Jackson did pet the little pig.



Finally, we had to make a stop at Choo Choo Bob's State Fair exhibit.  Jackson is a HUGE train fan.  I think he could have stayed in there for hours playing with all of the trains.  He was completely undaunted by the older kids and just had a great time.  I didn't get very good pictures because the little munchkin wouldn't stop moving. 


I definitely see a train set in the future.


Mom, stop trying to take pictures and just let me play!


Anyway, a good time was had by all! 

We are off to the cabin tomorrow for an entire week!  Can't wait!  It should be a little cool but that makes for good sleeping weather.  Perfect for just hanging out watching movies, reading and playing cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment