Friday, May 15, 2009

Another Big Ultrasound...

Week 32....I've reached the eighth month. Wow! Things are progressing really well as we come down the home stretch. Elmo is as active as ever, especially in the mid-afternoon and just when I'm trying to fall asleep. My appetite is definitely picking up and I'm trying not to devour everything in the house. Here is what's happening with Elmo this week:

The baby is up to four pounds now and all five senses are functional. The toenails are completely formed and the hair on the head continues to grow. To accommodate you and your baby's growing needs, your blood volume has increased 40 to 50 percent since you got pregnant. With your uterus pushing up near your diaphragm and crowding your stomach, the consequences may be shortness of breath (check!) and heartburn (check this too!). To help relieve your discomfort, try sleeping propped up with pillows and eating smaller meals more often. You may have lower-back pain (absolutely!) as your pregnancy advances.

I have a little piece of advice to all my newly pregnant friends...enjoy the second trimester while you can! Go out on dates with your husband, do a weekend trip away just for fun, get as much stuff done as possible. Just getting up off the couch is becoming a chore, nevermind rolling over in bed or doing a simple flight of stairs. I've definitely got the pregnant woman waddle going on and I'm always having to ask people to slow down. Oh well...it's all for a good cause, right? I know once little Elmo arrives I'll forget all about these minor inconveniences!

On the schedule for this afternoon is another OB appointment with an ultrasound (YEAH!) followed by a trip to Babies R Us to buy some of the last remaining big stuff -- stroller, car seat, Baby Bjorn, etc. This should be a fun afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment