Friday, May 8, 2009

Big Purchases

I'm so excited! Scott and I ordered Elmo's furniture last night! It is so beautiful and I absolutely can't wait to get it. Of course, I'm not entirely sure how it's all going to fit but those are just details. It's a beautiful crib and dresser and I couldn't be happier! Here is a picture from the website although what we ordered is a little different.

Here is the crib although the one we ordered doesn't come with the little drawers attached. Unfortunately I can't find a picture of the dresser online so if you want to see it, you'll just have to come visit us once Elmo arrives. It's a beautiful dresser though with five drawers and two shelves. Everything should be here in 1-2 weeks. We also now have our pack-and-play (thanks again to the Gourmets!), an exer-saucer and bouncie seat and lots of other wonderful toys and clothes for Elmo. We're going to be getting our stroller, car seat and glider sometime next week and I think at that point we should pretty much be set for the big stuff. Now we just have to wait for Elmo!
We've made it to Week 31 now. Here's what's going on this week:
The only major organ left to fully develop is the lungs. This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. The only major organ left to fully develop is the lungs. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.
I can definitely attest to the fact that Elmo is moving alot! Last night in particular it seemed that he was having a dance party all of his own right in my belly. Clearly, he has his father's dancing genes!
P.S. For some reason I couldn't create spaces between paragraphs in this posting. Sorry if it's hard to read!

1 comment:

  1. The new furniture looks great. Also, I just discovered the reading list in your earlier post. What an excellent list! Makes me think I should pick up my reading pace. Love, DAD

    ReplyDelete