Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's Official

Well, I knew this day was coming but I didn't know it would be so soon. It's official though, my innie is now an outie. My belly button, that is. Kind of weird but that means that little Elmo is growing and hopefully, thriving! I am in my 23rd week of pregnancy right now and everything is moving right along. Here is a little synopsis of what's going on with the baby this week:


Your baby weighs about a pound now! The body is becoming better proportioned each day, and the bones of the middle ear begin to harden.
If born now, your baby has a chance for survival. Let's hope, however, that the baby stays put for several more weeks! Your baby still has room to move around so you're probably feeling kicks, jabs, flips and flops. You may even see your abdomen move. Your uterus is about 1 1/2 inches above your belly button.


Exciting stuff! While I'm happy to know that we've reached the viability point, I want little Elmo to stay put for while and continue to grow and develop. As "Juno" says, "get a little cuter." Scott and I are planning on getting some pictures posted this week so you can see how big this belly is getting. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment