Monday, April 20, 2009

Time is Flying...

Wow...only 81 days until my due date! That just seems incredible! I know I've said this before but I still can't believe how quickly time is flying by. This past weekend my sister Kathleen and sister-in-law Danielle threw me a baby shower in Minneapolis. What a wonderful time! It was fun to see everyone and catch up with some that I haven't seen in a while. Thank you to everyone who made the effort to come out and celebrate with me. Scott and I had a fun time organizing things on Sunday. Thank you so much to both Danielle and Kathleen for doing that for me! It was so nice of you and very much appreciated!

We are on to Week 28 of my pregnancy now --

Our little miracle is growing and developing at an astonishing rate! Eyebrows and eyelashes are now present, and the hair on the head is growing. The eyelids open, and the eyes are completely formed. The body is getting plumper and rounder (weighs about 2 pounds) and is composed of around 2 to 3% body fat. Muscle tone is gradually improving. The lungs are capable of breathing air but if the baby is born now, it would struggle to properly breathe. Be sure to talk to your baby a lot because s/he can recognize your voice now!

I'm still feeling pretty good but there are a few things I'm struggling with as I've moved into the third trimester. For instance, sleeping has really become an issue. I'm exhausted all the time but somehow can't seem to sleep through the night. Besides the 2-3 trips to the bathroom each night, I'm having a hard time getting comfortable and once I wake up, my mind starts racing with things we need to do to prepare for Elmo. I'm sure this is nature's way of getting me ready for the numerous nightly feedings once Elmo arrives. Unfortunately, that doesn't help when I sitting at my desk at work, just wanting to take a nap. Oh well, it's all worth it!

We have another OB appointment on Wednesday. It's the last of the once a month appointments. We now will be going to the doctor every two weeks until Week 36. At that point, we will be going once a week. Like I said, time is flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment